Pumpkins are most commonly used for Fall Holiday decor, but many forget that Pumpkins are full of healthy nutrients that are beneficial for your body.
Check out the abundance of vitamins and minerals that are found in your average Pumpkin!
• Pumpkins are the perfect food this fall for many reasons, including the fact that they are high in fiber and very low in calories and fat. I suggest not ruining it by adding sugar and other additives, which are common with pumpkin cookies and pumpkin pie. Make your own healthier version from scratch.
•Pumpkins are very high in vitamin A, which help boosts the immune system, maintains healthy teeth, bones and eyes, prevents urinary stones, and even fights against some cancers.
• Pumpkins are full of Potassium which lowers blood sugar levels, prevents stroke, and helps keep the heart and kidneys healthy.
•You can find Pantothenic acid (or vitamin B-5) in pumpkins, which help increase skin health, lowers cholesterol levels, help manage stress, and may even help prevent cataracts according to new studies.
•Pumpkins are full of Carotenoids, which are antioxidants that boost the immune system and protect cells from the danger of free radicals. Carotenoids have been shown to fight against heart disease and cancer.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds
Not only can you benefit from the pumpkins itself, but you can also enjoy the delicious pumpkin seeds too!
• Pumpkin seeds contain high amounts of manganese, magnesium, iron, zinc, and even protein!
• Pumpkin seeds contain L-tryptophan, a natural way to fight depression.
• Want to prevent Kidney Stones? According to studies, pumpkin seeds prevent the calcium oxalate kidney stone formation, more commonly known as a “kidney stone”.
• Pumpkin seeds contain phytosterols, which has been shown to help lower cholesterol levels.
• Men can achieve overall prostate health due to the nutrients found in pumpkin seeds.
• Pumpkin seeds are a natural anti-inflammatory, without the negative side effects of anti-inflammatory drugs.
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons to enjoy the health benefits of Pumpkins and it’s seeds. What are some of your favorite (healthy!) ways to enjoy pumpkin?