Posts Tagged ‘gym’
When it comes to working out, never give yourself limitations – especially when you are first starting out! You’d be surprised with what your body is capable of doing with consistent work outs. I’ve found that exercise doesn’t necessarily get easier…you just get better. Always work towards becoming better than you were yesterday.
Image Credit: AllWomenStalk.com
Exercise without ever going to the gym!
Do the words “exercise” and “gym” intimidate you, or just sound down right boring? If so, you aren’t alone! You can burn serious calories and get the exercise you need without ever hitting the gym.
You need to find something you love to do. For example, do you like beautiful scenic mountains? Perhaps you will love to go out for a nice walk that will overlook some beautiful scenery. If you are physically able, find a hiking trail and go for a hike! Make sure you take plenty of water, some healthy snacks, and even a camera!
You will end up burning a bunch of calories and have a ton of fun in the process. You don’t need a gym to burn calories. You just need to move more!
The Supermodel Doutzen Kroes just had her baby boy in January of 2011, and now just eight weeks later, she is back to work and even in a bikini at the beach. How does she do it?
I’ll give you a hint: It doesn’t happen by accident! Supermodels must sweat it out at the gym, too! When talking about her body, Doutzen says she has to work very hard for it.
So what does a 5′ 9″ Supermodel do to keep her figure in check ?
“. . . I have to work hard, go to the gym, do boxing, jump rope, Pilates workouts . . . I do a mix of a lot of things because I think my body needs the workouts to stay lean.” – Doutzen Krous
In previous articles, Doutzen has shared that she also enjoys ice skating as a workout.
Doutzen has said that she will work with a Personal Trainer three times a week, and something that she has learned from her Personal trainer, is that it’s OK to use weights during workouts, since it tones and strengthens the muscles. It’s also important to know that the more lean muscle mass, the better, since it also allows you to burn more fat during your exercise and throughout the day.
Making of an Angel: Healthy eating habits
It’s not about being “perfect” with your eating habits, but it’s all about moderation for this beauty.
“I like to enjoy life. I am a totally healthy girl that eats but eats in moderation and I take care of myself.” – Doutzen Krous
In addition to eating healthy, Doutzen is breastfeeding, which helps a lot with weight loss after having a baby. Typically, breastfeeding moms will burn anywhere from 250 to 500 calories a day – just from breastfeeding! That’s burning as much calories as a workout or two. Imagine working out in addition to breastfeeding.
You can see why the weight came off for Doutzen Krous, but do you think that she started to exercise too soon after having her baby?
Image Credit: Doutzen Kroez
You don’t need to have a lot of money to get into shape. Don’t believe me? I’ll prove it! Here’s some fun ways you can exercise, without breaking the bank.
No Equipment Required
• Walk or Run – You don’t need any equipment, just a good pair of running shoes. Want to burn extra calories? Run a marathon, or just train for one. The varied terrain, with hills and wind, allow for extra calorie burn when comparing to the indoor treadmill.
• Go old school. The Plank, Lunges, Jumping Jacks, and Push ups, for example, are equipment-free and effective ways to workout. Just because something is common, doesn’t mean it doesn’t work anymore!
• Take a dip in the Ocean. Swimming is a great way to workout, and swimming in the Ocean is free. Of course, my fear of sharks usually keeps me away from such a fantastic swim. I figure that there are plenty of other ways to workout.
Exercises with Inexpensive Equipment
• Workout Videos – Whether it be Dance, Yoga, or Taekwondo, there are plenty of workout DVDs out there to choose from. Workout DVD’s are great because you can exercise in the comfort of your own home, yet still get the benefit of having an instructor lead you through the exercises. Oh yeah, you can also press “pause” if needed!
• Stability Ball – You can get a full body workout with just a stability ball! You can get one for under $20, and you can get a fantastic body with this one piece of equipment.
• Frisbee – Chasing after a frisbee is a fun way to enjoy your inner child, and still get a great workout. I was able to go to my local grocery store and buy a frisbee for $1.00
• “Play Ball!” -You choose which sport you want to play, whether it’s basketball, baseball, soccer, or football. With most of these sports, you can get away with just buying a ball. It’s all about getting with friends and having fun.
• Jump Rope – You can get a jump rope for cheap, and get a great cardiovascular work out in a decent amount of time. It’s also fun to challenge yourself with skipping the rope or jumping on one leg at a time.
Exercise for Free, or at a Discount!
•Get bored easily? Rather than buying workout DVD’s, why not borrow them from your local library? Once you are done with a workout DVD, you can move on to the next one.
•Free Trials. Gyms will often give potential clients a free trial to lure you in. If you are interested in getting free gym time, this might be something you should take advantage of. It may be a month or just a week long, but either way, it’s free.
•Bargain. If you decide to move forward with a membership at a gym, be sure to get a deep discount in the price. They may say that they can’t lower the price, but chances are, they can. And trust me, they would rather give you an amazing price at their gym, than lose you as a customer.
Tags: bargain, basketball, Budget, dance, equipment, exercise, Fitness, football, Free, free trial, frisbee, gym, Jump rope, jumping jacks, low cost, lunges, marathon, plank, push ups, run, soccer, sports, stability ball, swimming, taekwondo, walk, workout DVD, Yoga
Pregnancy Weight Gain
During Kendra’s pregnancy, her diet became a “free for all”.
” I had no boundaries. I just ate, ate, ate. I just said, ‘This is my time, these are my nine months, I can just have fun, how big can I really get?’ Sixty pounds! I gained 60 pounds!” -Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett
After giving birth to her son in December 2009, Kendra soon tried to lose the extra weight.
Kendra, at only 5’4″, went from weighing only 105 pounds to reaching her maximum weight of 165 pounds after pregnancy. For someone with such a petite frame, it was no wonder that Kendra was shocked that she had gained so much extra weight in just 9 months.
Kendra’s “After” Photo:
How Kendra lost 40 Pounds
Kendra credits her weight loss to the following:
Eating Healthy – Kendra has cut out almost all junk food from her regular diet! She eats healthier foods, including healthy smoothies and she sometimes nibbles on her baby’s food. Of course, you can make your own pureed foods for you and your baby!
Abdominal Cuts – Of course Kendra is crediting Abdominal Cuts for her weight loss! Why? Kendra promotes the company (also known as “Abcuts”)and gets paid for it. Actually, Kendra gets paid a lot for saying she credits this for her weight loss. Did Kendra actually use this to help her lose weight? Maybe. We will never know. What I do know is this: This fat burning pill is not the answer to your weight loss. If you really want to lose weight, do it the healthy way and you will keep it off!
Exercise - Kendra gets her exercise by taking regular walks and hitting the gym.
Kendra’s real weight loss “secret”?
Kendra said she stopped obsessing about her weight and the number on the scale.
Kendra said “The second I stopped obsessing was the second I started to see results. I started to look good and feel good.”
It’s all about making the decision and focusing on what you really want, which is being healthy. Kendra credits a lot of her motivation for getting back into shape to her husband, Hank Baskett.
Congratulations to Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett for losing 40 pounds and making her health a priority again!
Image Credit: Kendra Wilkinson
Tags: Baby, exercise, Fitness, gym, Health, Healthy, Healthy Eating, Kendra Wilkinson, Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett, Lose Weight, New Mom, no junk food, Nutrition, postnatal weight loss, pregnancy weight gain, walking, Weight Loss, working out