Posts Tagged ‘motivation’
I can totally relate to this! If I want to do something…and someone tells me that I can’t, I work that much harder. Don’t tell me I can’t because I CAN!!!
Go ahead. Dare me.
Our lucky reader just won the Skinny Twinkie Store product of her choice, which was the “SWEAT is fat crying” Women’s Sweatpants – a total value of $34.49!
Thank you everyone for participating! We will have many more opportunities for you to win something, so stay tuned…
Winner’s next steps: Watch for our email! It will come from Twinkie(at)SkinnyTwinkie(dot)com, and we will need you to provide us with your mailing address so we can have your prize sent directly to you.
If you do not reply back to us within 48 hours after our email, we will have to choose another winner.
Since the launch of the Skinny Twinkie store…
Our top selling design is “SWEAT is fat crying” in gray and black letters:
We have had customers from all over the place, including: Connecticut, Virginia, Nevada, Texas, Rhode Island, and Australia!
Announcing…The SkinnyTwinkie.com Store!
I have been so excited to announce to all of you that Skinny Twinkie now has a STORE! I thought that the best way to celebrate the new store would be to do an awesome giveaway! :D
One lucky reader of ours will win one product of their choosing from the new Skinny Twinkie Store! Before I go into all of the details, here’s a sneak peak on what’s available at the Skinny Twinkie store:
How to Enter
1) Visit the Skinny Twinkie Store and find a product that you would like to win! Be sure to comment on this post with the link of the product that you want. Whoever wins will get that product – simple as that!
Please note: I don’t need your full name, just something to distinguish you from everyone else. You can say your first name and your last initial, or a nickname works too. Thanks!
I encourage you to consider the bonus entries, since we will announce the winner on this site, Facebook, twitter, and Google+!
1) Find us on Facebook and “like” our page. We’ll have a post that you can comment on, which will provide you an additional entry point when you comment on it. Nice!
2) If you like to tweet, you should “follow” Skinny Twinkie on twitter! All you need to do is Retweet our tweet on twitter that announces this giveaway, and you will get another entry point.
3) For those of you addicted to Pinterest (you know who you are!), add SkinnyTwinkie.com to your list of favorites and include the link in your comment.
4) Do you have a blog? Grab my button and add it to your site or you can blog about this contest and link to this giveaway post, provide the link to your blog in the comments section on here (or facebook), and you will have gained another chance to win!
♦♦♦You can give yourself a total of five chances to win! ♦♦♦
Contest Rules and Eligibility This contest is open to all U.S. and Canadian residents who are 18 years or older. Void where Prohibited by Law. This is a giveaway, which means you are not obligated to buy anything from anyone. This contest starts on March 11, 2013 and will end on March 17, 2013 at midnight EST. Skinny Twinkie will use Random.org to choose one winner by picking a random number based on the total number of entries. Skinny Twinkie will draw the winner on March 18, 2013, and the winner will be announced that same day on SkinnyTwinkie.com, Facebook, twitter, and Google+. If you are selected as a winner, we will contact you via email, to let you know that you have won! If you do not reply back to us within 48 hours after we have notified you, we will choose another winner and you will forfeit your prize. Good luck everyone!!!
Everyone’s motto at the beginning of the year seems to be “this is the year I finally ____”. Sadly, most people never reach their goals, whether their goals focus on eating healthier, exercising more, weight loss, or just working on overall health.
P90X • Atkins • Boxing • CrossFit • Weight Watchers• Running • Vegan
None of these exercise programs or “diets” will work out for most people. Why is that? More often than not, there is only ONE thing that is stopping them from seeing success. One thing.
You can hire the best personal trainers and nutritionists in the world. You can be given the best exercise regime and meal plan that is perfectly designed just for you based on your specific goals. None of it will work out for you unless you actually use it. None of it will work unless you are consistent with it.
My advice to you:
• Choose an exercise program that will work for you. Consistently work out. It doesn’t matter if it’s six days a week or three days a week…are you consistent with your exercise program, or do you just give up after a week because you aren’t seeing results? Be consistent and you will see results.
• Eat healthy foods that you enjoy eating. I realize that you may want the occasional treat, and that’s OK. Just remember this: One bad meal doesn’t make you fat…just like one healthy meal doesn’t make you skinny/healthy/fit. Consistently eating bad will make you gain weight, and consistently eating healthy will make you lose weight and keep it off!
Consistency is one of the most important pieces to the puzzle for achieving long-term success.
Are you ever too old to exercise? Nope. Here’s some amazing examples of men and women who are exercising well past their 70′s!
Bette Calman – This amazing woman (shown in picture above) is an absolute inspiration at 86 years old! She has been teaching yoga for over 40 years and still teaches yoga classes every week.
“You’re never too old. The body is a remarkable instrument…’It can stretch and stretch, and get better all the time. Forget age”- Bette Calman, The Daily Mail
Jack LaLanne – One of the most widely known fitness, exercise, and nutrition experts, Jack LaLanne was known as someone who practiced what he preached. He continued his two hour workouts well into his 90′s, even up until he died at the age of 97. Jack proved that regular exercise, including cardio and weight lifting, was something that could be accomplished at any age.
Sensei Keiko Fukuda - This woman is the first to have earned the title of tenth-degree black belt in Judo, which is something she has recently accomplished – at the age of 98!
B.K.S. Iyengar – This legendary yogi is 94 years old and has plenty to say and show for the health benefits of Yoga.
“Yoga, an ancient but perfect science, deals with the evolution of humanity. This evolution includes all aspects of one’s being, from bodily health to self-realization. Yoga means union — the union of body with consciousness and consciousness with the soul. Yoga cultivates the ways of maintaining a balanced attitude in day-to-day life and endows skill in the performance of one’s actions.” - B.K.S. Iyengar, Mind Body Green
Lew Hollander - He is only the second 80 year old that has completed the Ford Ironman World Championship, which consists of a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bike ride and a 26.2-mile marathon.
Bernice Bates - Practicing and teaching yoga since the 60′s, Bernice says that she will never stop doing yoga. She credits yoga for her incredible health, which is no wonder why she has no plans of slowing down now!
“I think yoga is the best exercise there is. I’ve never had anything I had to go to the doctor for, except checkups. That should say something.” - Bernice Bates, MSNBC
Ernestine Shepherd – It’s never too late to start exercising, which is something that Ernestine proves! She didn’t start her bodybuilding career at the age of 71 (now 75), and is now fitter than she has ever been and is an inspirational role model for people of all ages.
Age isn’t what stops you from exercising…
Image Credit: Bette Calman