Posts Tagged ‘Healthy’
Every year at the end of November or beginning of December, women all over the world watch the annual Victoria’s Secret show and wonder how the models do it. I’m not talking about the hair and the makeup – I’m talking about their toned arms, legs and flat abs. How do they look so amazing?
According to the Victoria’s Secret supermodel, Adriana Lima, you need to put in a lot of hard work at the gym. Exercise. Sweat. Eating healthy. It doesn’t come natural or on its own for anyone, including Adriana Lima. This is good news, because now we all know it’s achievable rather than “oh, she’s just lucky”. Forget luck. It’s a lot of hard work.
Adriana Lima boxing:
Like I said, it’s a lot of hard work in the gym… a lot of sweat… a lot of calories burned… and I think we would all agree that her efforts in the gym pays off:
Congratulations Shaunda E.! Our lucky reader just won a copy of the book The Smoothies Bible Second Edition by Pat Crocker!
Thank you everyone for participating! We will have many more opportunities for you to win something, so stay tuned…
Winner’s next steps: Watch for our email! It will come from Twinkie(at)SkinnyTwinkie(dot)com, and we will need you to provide us with your mailing address so we can have your prize sent directly to you.
If you do not reply back to us within 48 hours after our email, we will have to choose another winner.
One lucky reader of ours will win a copy of The Smoothies Bible Second Edition by Pat Crocker (Total Value of $25.00).
The Smoothies Bible
Smoothies are a fast, easy, and delicious way to add more fruit and vegetables into your daily diet to help you achieve optimal health.
In this book, you will find:
•More than 300 original smoothie recipes that incorporate a combination of different fruits, vegetables and herbs.
• A list of 80 common health concerns (such as Candida, Diabetes, Gallstones, Overweight) matched with foods to help with the problem, foods to avoid, and specific smoothies recommended to help with that health concern.
• Health benefits and other useful information about the different fruits, vegetables, herbs, and other ingredients you may find in the smoothie recipes.
• Healthy smoothie recipes that aren’t loaded up with sugar!!!
The Author, Pat Crocker, is a culinary herbalist who has written, demonstrated, and lectured about herbs and health issues for over 25 years! She is an international award-winning cookbook author – and with one sneak peak at The Smoothie Bible, I’m really not all that surprised.
How to Enter
1) Just comment on this post with your name and email address. Yup, it’s that easy!
Please note: I don’t need your full name, just something to distinguish you from everyone else. You can say your first name and your last initial, or a nickname works too. Also, please write your email without the link, such as: twinkie(at)SkinnyTwinkie(dot)com. Thanks!
I encourage you to consider the bonus entries, since we will announce the winner on this site, Facebook, twitter, and Google+!
1) Find us on Facebook and “like” our page. We’ll have a post that you can comment on, which will provide you an additional entry point when you comment on it. Nice!
2) If you like to tweet, you should “follow” Skinny Twinkie on twitter! All you need to do is Retweet our tweet on twitter that announces this giveaway, and you will get another entry point.
3) For those of you addicted to Pinterest (you know who you are!), add SkinnyTwinkie.com to your list of favorites and include the link in your comment.
4) Do you have a blog? Grab my button and add it to your site or you can blog about this contest and link to this giveaway post, provide the link to your blog in the comments section on here (or facebook), and you will have gained another chance to win!
♦♦♦You can give yourself a total of five chances to win! ♦♦♦
Contest Rules and Eligibility
This contest is open to all U.S. and Canadian residents who are 18 years or older. Void where Prohibited by Law. This is a giveaway, which means you are not obligated to buy anything from anyone.
This contest starts on July 2, 2012 and will end on July 8, 2012 at midnight EST.
Skinny Twinkie will use Random.org to choose one winner by picking a random number based on the total number of entries. Skinny Twinkie will draw the winner on July 9, 2012, and the winner will be announced that same day on SkinnyTwinkie.com, Facebook, twitter, and Google+.
If you are selected as a winner, we will contact you via email, to let you know that you have won! If you do not reply back to us within 48 hours after we have notified you, we will choose another winner and you will forfeit your prize.
Good luck everyone!!!
I love berry smoothies since it’s the perfect way to cool down on hot Summer days and still satisfy that sweet tooth!
1 cup Mixed Berries, frozen
1 cup yogurt, plain
Step 1) In a blender, mix both ingredients together until smooth.
For the mixed berries, I include frozen strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries.
I prefer the 50-50 ration, but you can always change up the ratio of frozen berries to yogurt to add to take away some of the sweetness (more berries = more sweet). Enjoy!
1 cup Pecans
1 cup Walnuts
1 cup dried Apricots (I suggest Unsulfured Apricots)
1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
1/2 cup raw Sunflower Seeds
Step 1) Combine all ingredients together in a bowl or a large (zip-lock) bag and mix well.
It’s unbelievable how easy it is to make your own healthy trail mix at home – and it’s a lot cheaper too! This Autumn Trail Mix is a delicious and healthy snack to enjoy during the Fall – or anytime during the year!